CVS Health Pharmacy Technician - Machine Packaging in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Prepare and process medications through actions that may entail data entry, and/or resolving customer service issues and/or processing medication through the automation equipment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Prepack bulk medicines, fill bottles with prescribed medications, and type and affix labels. Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs. Mix pharmaceutical preparations, according to written prescriptions.
• Keep automation equipment operating at optimal levels by providing product, picks and inventory in a timely manner and as scheduled.
• Work with local EMT’s and OEM help desk and Omnicare Automation Services to identify machine abnormalities, breakdowns and failures. Provide detailed description of events and able to recreate scenarios when possible.
• Review facility pre-list and prepare 30/31 day cards with the appropriate drug.
• Assist in bagging and boxing drugs according to the facility and work with the staging department to ensure boxes or bags are taken to the warehouse in a timely manner.
• Communicate with nursing staff to obtain/provide key information.
• Resolve customer complaints, issues and concerns
• Research questions, issues and concerns as directed by management
• Answer incoming customer calls
• Maintain inventories using usage reports and provides supplies to facilities as necessary.
• Key customer orders
• Communicate with customers on STAT status
• Ensure and maintain a safe and clean work environment
• Comply with local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Certification/licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law.
• 1 year previous experience as a pharmacy technician or Long term care pharmacy experience preferred or 6 months customer service experience or 6 months data entry experience preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills and well developed verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to meet deadlines and be flexible
• Good math and analytic skills
• Excellent organization skills and detail oriented
• Must understand basic pharmacology; abbreviations, brand and generic comparisons in order to interpret prescriptions for filling.
• Ability to maintain composure on the phone when handling customer calls
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health at mailto:AA_EEO@cvscaremark.com
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/