CVS Health Pharmacy Technician - Medical Records Technician in Annapolis Junction, Maryland
The Medical Records Technician maintains the pharmacy generated medical record component of customer charts at the centers serviced by the pharmacy. Included are physician order sheets, medication administration records, treatment administration records and other documents as determined by Omnicare management. The Medical Records Technician interacts with the other departments in the pharmacy to provide requested forms or reports to centers on a scheduled basis according to predetermined delivery times. Key Responsibilities: • Enters all non-medication orders into customer specific profiles for assigned centers in the pharmacy computer system.
• Checks new admits and corrections; deletes duplicate orders.
• Forwards all medication orders to Order Entry Technicians for entry.
• Receives physician order sheets and telephone orders and file monthly for future archive storage.
• Works with directors of nursing on resident set-up.
• Assists with conversions and new home start-ups along with pharmacy data entry as required.
• Reviews and edits monthly physicians order forms and telephone orders returned to the pharmacy, to input recap notations, non-medication order changes and other information provided relative to medical records.
• Reviews each centers requirements for medical records with the center supervisor, pharmacy consulting staff, account management, DON, etc. to set up center specific medical records.
• Manage discharges, room changes and doctor changes on profile.
• Accurate maintenance of all facility forms and reporting information
• Print monthly medical records package which includes physician orders, medication sheets, treatment sheets, flow records, etc. for all facilities
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Courteously assist internal and external customers
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
· Good interpersonal skils • Good verbal and written communication skills • Knowledge of medical and pharmacy terminology • General knowledge of pharmacy and long term care regulations as they pertain to monthly physician order sheets and medication administration records • Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to maintain composure on phone when handling customer calls • Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and be flexibile • Ability to perform tasks accurately and efficiently when imputing information • Intermediate typing/keyboarding skills
· Pharmacy technician and/or data entry experience • Medical records experience
High Schoold Diploma or equivalent
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health at mailto:AA_EEO@cvscaremark.com
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/